One thing in life is clear. It (life) can throw a curve ball at us when we least expect it. The daily grind as I call it can really weigh a person down and veer us off track. Personal relationships, jobs, traffic, bills, can all make life seem, well, heavy.
Success depends a great deal on how we take hold of the situation.
Inside the gym however you get to choose the load to bare and exactly how to hold it.
GRAB A HOLD
There are several types of standard grips used in weightlifting:
- close grip
- wide grip
- "suicide" grip (use a spotter)
The grip above is the "hook". Used mainly in Olympic Weightlifting.
- Switch it up. I have found that when I change grips I may need to adjust the amount of weight. That's fine. My technique gets better.
- I don't use straps. Never have.
- Practice makes perfect. Try.
- Document which grip works best for you in your workout log. It will help chart your gains easier.
As in life, take a hold of the situation and work it out. - J Williams.