You should probably find another one.
I would like to preface this article as such:
Your sessions are exactly that. Yours. So if I get any flak for saying these things, I am simply trying to encourage thinking through before plunking down good, solid, hard-earned bucks for your training.
- Talks incessantly about themselves the whole session.
"And then I was like...." "And then they were like...."
Perhaps you are confident they are focused solely on your well being, so you live vicariously through them.
- Has their cellphone out for anything other than using the stopwatch. "Who are you texting?"
- Tailors your workouts to the way they workout OR uses cookie-cutter routines.
It's Personal Training, which means your workouts should be tailored & customized to your needs.
- Wears ridiculous outfits. Okay that's just my pet-peeve, however they should look industry professional. #justsaying
- Get's pushy with the sales techniques.
The gym is our sanctuary. It's were we come to escape the grind. And that includes Arty-the-Upseller.
- No communication or doesn't share a clear system of charting all your hard work.
"Okay we're done", isn't gonna cut it. Period.
- Doesn't look the part.
A trainer should not only be a source of knowledge, but also of confidence.